Thursday, July 9, 2009

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”

So I've decided it about time I get excited about being in the kitchen again. My main motivation is so I don't have to see that look on my husband's face, when he walks in the door and there's nothing on the table.

Sounds easy enough, but somewhere during pregnancy number one, I had one of those weird moments that made me not want to be in the kitchen. I used to LOVE to cook and try new recipes. (Thankfully, I cannot remember what I was cooking or I probably wouldn't ever eat it again)

SO, I am pledging to cook ONE NEW RECIPE A WEEK and to plan ahead so that we don't eat the same thing over and over, week after week. I really need to help in the veggie department. My 3 year old LOVES veggies but I grew up thinking green beans and corn were the only veggies on the planet. So, I am slowly learning to eat steamed vegetables and am looking for some yummy veggie recipes.

My eventual goal is to do the whole,Menu Plan Monday thing. She has tons of moms that post the recipes they are going to make each week. It's like a huge recipe database. SO COOL!!!!

Here are some of the recipes I want to try...Lexington-Style Grilled Chicken
I also want to learn how to make meals that you can freeze ahead, for those days when you just want to pop something in the oven and your done. I'm going to try Lora's Spaghetti Pie first.
Oh, and the next time I want to make a dessert (we aren't big sweet eaters) I want to try Shannon over at Rocks In My Dryer's Strawberry Pie YUM!

Wish me luck and feel free to share any recipes you think I should try too.
Hugs,Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment