Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Try Something New Post #1

I've set a goal for myself to start trying new things.
First and foremost NEW RECIPES!!!!
My hubby has very polietly mentioned that he would prefer that we not have the same things for dinner week after week after week. -Giggle- I have to admit, I have been in the spaghetti, tacos, pizza, chicken and rice rut. Since he is kind enough to grill me tons of chicken every week, I will be kind enough to look for recipes to spice it up in the kitchen. -wink wink-

I found this recipe on Recipe Zaar! It got a big thumbs up from everyone at the table. My hottie hubby is such a team player he will eat anything that I make. (he said to type "sort of" here, but really, if you can put Tabasco and salsa on it, he will eat it!) If there aren't any comments outside of "thanks for making dinner wife," I know not to put that one in the recipe file. Today I got a "this is good wife," which is my favorite seal approval from the hubbie. -BIG GRIN!-

Thanks to Paula G. for the photo.

I LOVE crunchy anything and these were CRUNCHY!!!! I think they would be even better with some chili and cheese poured on top but I skipped that so it wouldn't totally defeat the purpose of the "oven fried" status.

Oven-Fried Chicken Chimichangas
Ingredients
2/3 cup picante sauce or your favorite salsa
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon crushed
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken,chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions, chopped with some tops (about 1/4 cup)
6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
2 tablespoons margarine, melted
shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
chopped green onion, for serving
picante sauce, for serving

Directions
Mix chicken, picante sauce or salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese and onions.
Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla.
Fold opposite sides over filling.
Roll up from bottom and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
Brush with melted margarine or you can use olive oil.
Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden.
Garnish with additional cheese and green onion and serve salsa on the side.

YUMMY!!! QUICK!! EASY!! My favorite kind of recipe. Enjoy!
Hugs,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment