Friday, January 14, 2011

"Formal" Crafting Home Office Family Play Room

Ahhhhhhh, its every new homeowners dream. A beautiful formal dining room, picture perfect room. Just waiting for a formal dinner party, candlelit with guests eating off of fine china. (insert record scratch here......)

THIS is our beautiful "FORMAL" dining room.....
I LOVE it. Its the only room in our house that is always spotless. BUT! We have lived in our home for 6 years and have only eaten at that table about 9 times.
We entertain A TON but our dinner parties happen in our family room with everyone gathered around our kitchen island.

Back to our "dining room." I shopped and shopped for THE perfect dining room set, back in the day. THANKFULLY, I didn't find exactly what I was looking for. We purchased this very traditional set from a friend and used our money to buy our family room couches, that we use everyday.

Since we don't live in a museum, I decided it was time to utilize this room for family activities and we have. Stay tuned and I will show you how we have turned our formal dining room into a home office and family gathering spot. I am thrilled to say it is still the most beautiful and spotless room in our house.....you never know when former President George Bush and Laura Bush, might drop in for a visit. ;)
Hugs,
Tara

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl - I can't wait to see what you do with the room formerly known as the dining room. And can't I just say I'm JEALOUS!!! I'd love to do the same, but my husband just doesn't think a home is a home without a dining room.

    ReplyDelete