Monday, January 7, 2008

"Worhip the the LORD with gladness"

Happy 2008! I have been SO inspired by the sermons at church from the past month that I am SO ready for the new year.

Dr. O has really been "preaching to the choir," when it comes to the motivation that I need to get my mind in the right direction. During the Christmas Eve service he encouraged us to go an entire day without complainig about ANYTHING. Thankfully he said that it would be difficult...I have been able to make it about half a day, SO FAR, but I am striving to go the whole day and then I will try for the ENTIRE WEEK that he mentioned.

Whew, for someone that has nothing to complain about, I sure do waste my breath complaining on the cheesiest stuff.... HELLO! I have so many things to celebrate. The best part about his sermon is that I find myself stopping at the first complaint and listing all of the wonderful, amazing blessings that I have in my life.

Yesterday he read the Bible Verse that I have decided will be my "theme" for this year.....how can I not celebrate all the wonderful things life has to offer after reading this....

Psalm 100:2-5
Worhip the the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Happy 2008, Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment