Monday, April 20, 2009

"Dancing is like dreaming with your feet!"

I'm pretty sure that if you look up sassy in the dictionary you will find a photo of my friend Shanda! She always wears super cute outfits, give super sassy gifts and has super sassy ideas (especially when it comes to shopping). I think that she hit the jackpot with her daughter's 10th birthday party.


It all started with these SUPER cute invitations. Yes, you read it right,
A ROCK STAR BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!
Isn't that a brilliant idea???
All the girls were invited to the Eyecon Video Production Studio in Plano to PERFORM IN A MUSIC VIDEO, starring the birthday girl!!!
All the party guests were treated to the celebrity VIP treatment! Stars with their names on them lining the hallway. A make-up artist to get them all dolled up for the camera. A "behind the scenes" look at how the whole TV thing works. Of course, the best part was getting to dance and sing in front of the camera. After pizza and presents, we all got to watch video debut!! SO MUCH FUN!!!! (They will be sending us all a copy of the video and as soon as I get it, I will post it)

LOOK at that guitar cake! I love the sassy fondant shoe and lipstick! Click here for tons of ideas on how to make your own using Wilton's Guitar Cake Pan. The cute guitar napkins are from Target and the pink zebra napkins are from Hobby Lobby. The inflatable guitars are from Party City.

My favorite thing about giving a gift is finding a fun way to wrap it. Rylee is a HUGE Hannah Montana fan, so I headed to The Disney Store to find some cute wrapping accents.


I started with this cute Hannah Montana bag. It was $2.50 AND made from cloth. For the price I would have paid for a paper gift bag, Rylee got a bag she can use again.
(They have Mickey Mouse bags too....Kendall's FAVORITE)


Instead of a card, I wrote her birthday message on these cute Hannah Montana sticky notes that I got for $4.00. TOO CUTE!
The "bling" is from Sweet & Sassy for $14.00.


The invite said to wear your coolest Rock Star outfit. Kendall wore her sparkly guitar dress from Get Noticed in Richardson, Texas. (Campbell at Nantucket, 972-664-9551) Annie doesn't carry kids clothing anymore but I am sure she can find it for ya.
I finally had an excuse to wear my "Party Like a Rock Star" t-shirt, from the fabulous folks at 8241 Ranch. Its a family company and they have REALLY CUTE t-shirts and tanks.


Kinsley stayed home with Daddy but I did see a really cute baby dress at Spencer's Gifts that said "Sorry Boys, I Only Date Rock Stars." (Not a store you want to visit with the kids in tow.)

Happy Birthday, Rylee. We had a rockin' time!

Speaking of rock star Birthday Parties! SosoBella Designs threw one for her little rock star! I love the rock painting idea. FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment