Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Baby K's "Winter One-derland" Brrrrrthday Party: Planning Phase


My precious little angel turns ONE in 2 weeks and I am VERY excited about her birthday party!! I have never thrown a birthday party in the winter months and I'm so excited about all the fun winter goodies like hot chocolate, soup, mittens, snowmen and snow flakes. It's such a cuddly time of year. I started shopping for winter decorations before Christmas and have also come across tons of FABULOUS after Christmas winter decoration bargains at Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Target.

I found these Picture Perfect invitations on sale for half price at Butterflies and Bowties..... so cute!!!
The invites wording says: "It's a winter ONE-derland full of frosty fun! Come and celebrate at Baby K turns one!

For the menu we will be serving:
Chick-fil-a Nuggets and fruit for the kids, white chips & dips, "Snowman Soup" for the adults.
Hot Cocoa bar with mini-marshmallows, sprinkles and whipped cream!
I'll have to come up with some clever wintery names for the foods!

For the goody bags I bought cute little mittens at Target last month that I will ties to bags with snowflake sugar cookies from a local bakery!

Activities:
Build marshmallow snowmen
Paint some cute lil wooden snowmen I got on sale at Michael's for 20 cents each!
Make snowflake candy necklaces. (I bought the kits at Walmart before Christmas!)
Plug in the My Toon TV so the lil ones can dance and have fun. Disney's Choo Choo Soul has a Freeze Dance song that will also make for a really fun game too.

My friend Stacey, I call her The Goddess of Cakes! Will be creating another one of her masterpieces. I can hardly wait to see what she comes up with!

Thankfully there are tons of winter baby mom's that have provided some fabulous inspiration for Baby K's party.....



Im Gonna Let It Shine's blog (I'm so sorry I lost the link to her blog this is THE coolest Birthday Banner idea ever!)



More Winter-Onederland Party Links:
Birthday Party Idea's.com
Project Wedding.com
And of course from THE QUEEN OF BLOG LAND: Tip Junkie's Winter Projects
Winter Decorations
Let's Make Snowflakes!
Silver & White Favor Tins
Ice Lanterns
Doily Snowflakes
I'll post photos after the party!!! Happy Birthday my little snow angel!!!!
Hugs
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment