Sunday, February 7, 2010

What Cha Got Cooking? Bite Sized Potato Skins

Tonight we went to a Super Bowl party and since I was craving potato skins, I thought it would be fun to make mini party sized version YUMMY!!!! They were are HUGE hit. You know the kind of food hit where the tray was empty in about 15 minutes and even the guys wanted to know how I made them. I used this recipe but adapted it for big bite sized potatoes. YUM

My supplies: I bought those little potatoes at Walmart and thought they would be perfect for bite sized potato skins.

Wash em up and pop them into a 400 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
While they are baking, fry up a package of bacon. (we only eat turkey bacon at our house so my hubby was excited to see "the real thing" in my skillet.) After its nice and crisp, drain it on paper towels. Invite your favorite "bacon bit maker" to cruch those babies up nice and small! I've always wondered why they tell you to pierce potatoes, before you bake them. This guy literally exploded, as I took the potatoes out of the oven. There's my answer. Ouch.
I used my melon baller to scoop out the potatoes, it worked perfectly. Turn the oven up to 450 degrees. Turn the potatoes skin side up and brush them with canola oil. (I couldn't find my pastry brush, so I just poured a little oil in my hand and rubbed the potato in my palm. Bake them for 10 minutes. Flip potatoes over and rub with canola oil and then bake for 10 more minutes. Yum! Cover that crispy goodness with cheese and bacon bits and then either cover them to take to the party or broil them until the cheese melts. YUMMY!! Serve them with chopped chives and sour cream! They were the perfect snack for the kids and the adults. I will be making these again VERY soon!

Whats your favorite bite sized party dish?

Hugs,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment