Saturday, August 22, 2009

"Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story."

The Halloween costume discussion is underway at our house. Bug has decided that she wants to be Ariel this year. The great news is that last year, about a week before Halloween, she decided she wanted to be Ariel. We already have the Ariel costume!! WOO HOO She really wants her baby sister to be Flounder. The Disney store does have a Flounder costume but I am afraid that it will still be too hot for her to wear it. Anyone with a cute Flounder/fish costume idea, I would love to hear it. Bug also wants Daddy to be Prince Eric and Mommy to be Sebastian. (wish me luck on that one... I'm hoping I can talk her into letting me be one of Ariels Princess friends)

Halloween 2008

Last year, as I expected, she changed her mind and went with the original plan MICKEY MOUSE!!! Minnie Mouse? No Mommy, I want to be "Mickey Mouse!" I admit, after seeing the ADORABLE Minnie costumes, I tried to convince her to be Minnie but she insisted on Mickey. The problem was that the Mickey costume was one of those stuffed, thick costumes and living in Texas, its still pretty warm at Halloween. We decided to "make" her costume, using her red and white polka dots shorts, from her Mickey birthday party and adding the accessories. I think it turned out pretty cute. I had purchased big white buttons to sew on her shirt she liked it better without. Yes, my child very much already knows what she likes and doesn't like.

Halloween 2007


Halloween 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment