Friday, October 16, 2009

"Milk's Favorite Cookie!"

I'm not a big sweet eater HOWEVER, if there are Oreos in my pantry, I swear I can hear them calling my name. They taunt me......begging me to just have a few. My hottie hubby, loves to slip some Oreos into the grocery cart and watch me pretend that I don't notice. I honestly think he gets a kick out of seeing me try to fight my Oreo addiction. I LOVE Oreos!!!! (He was sweet enough to always have a bag of the mini ones in the pantry waiting for me when I was going through breast feeding HELL! That's true love, my friends.)

FINALLY, I have an excuse to buy some of those cute Halloween Oreos that taunt me everytime I go to the store. LOOK AT THIS!!!!!



I just happened to come across this recipe from Nabsico World (YES, the makers of Oreo have their own world!) Now the recipe is calling my name. How could I deprive my family of such a cute and yummy treat for Halloween. YUM!!! YUM!!! YUM!!!


The NabiscoWorld folks call it Pumpkin Patch Ice Cream Dessert. How could THEY not put the name in the title of their own dessert??? Let me help them out a little...
OREO Pumpkin OREO Patch OREO Ice Cream OREO Dessert much better! ;)

Ingredients:
22 Halloween OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1 qt. (4 cups) chocolate ice cream, softened
1 pt. (2 cups) vanilla ice cream, softened
1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
Decorations, such as assorted Halloween candies and decorating gel


Preparation:
SPLIT 17 of the cookies, leaving filling on one side of each cookie. Finely crush the 17 split cookies without the filling. Place in medium bowl. Add butter; mix well. Press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Stand 15 of the split cookies with filling around side of pan, alternating filling sides facing in and out.
SPREAD chocolate ice cream evenly over crust. Chop remaining 5 cookies; stir into vanilla ice cream. Spread over chocolate layer. Cover; freeze 3 hours or until firm.
RUN knife or metal spatula around side of pan to loosen dessert; remove side of pan. Spread or pipe whipped topping onto top of dessert. Using colored decorating gels, make pumpkin faces on orange filling on the split cookies around side of dessert and 2 remaining split cookies. Decorate as desired to resemble pumpkin patch with assorted candies and remaining split cookies. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment