Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Try Something New Post 2!

Welcome to post #2 of try something new. I've set a little goal for myself to start trying new things..

I'm starting with new recipes.......



Last week it was the Oven Fried Chimichangas. Which were great and even better the next day. Yesterday I made potato salad for the first time ever. I know, even my husband was surprised when I told him I had never made it before. Honestly, Dickies BBQ makes such great potato salad, if I want some I just go get their's. A lil side note, I love Roland Dickey!! He is a super funny, good old boy that can cook like no other. Back in my radio days, he would cook for us once a week. I'll see if I can dig up some of his recipes, they are easy and quick! :)


I happened upon this recipe when I was checking my e-mail and didn't even read it before I made it. I just started peeling potato's and then started adding the ingredients. I was very surprised that it had ketchup in it but decided to stay with the recipe as it was. (I did refer to my Facebook friends on whether to use mayo or Miracle Whip) the majority said mayo. (We are not big Miracle Whip fans but my mother in law swears by it, so there is always some in our fridge for her visits.)





I thought it turned out ok. I asked my in home panel of judges.... Bug asked "can I have the potato salad without the salad part?" so she had plain potato's and loved them. The hubby said it was good, but suggested that I ask his mom and Aunt Cathy for their recipe. His favorite. I giggled when I heard from Aunt Cathy....they only use Miracle Whip. LOL!!! I should have known. When I get the whole recipe, Ill post it.


Meanwhile, my friend Kellie, who "never cooks anything." Came up with a super easy recipe for soup that I LOVED!!! She had some broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, she wanted to use up before the went on vacation. She boiled them in low sodium chicken broth and then she added 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup. After it cooled she pureed it. It turned out really yummy.


Hugs,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment